About the job
Job Title: Private Real Estate Debt Associate
Founded in 1987, CenterSquare Investment Management is an independent, employee-owned real asset manager focused on listed real estate, private equity real estate and private real estate debt. As a trusted fiduciary, our success is firmly rooted in aligning our interests with those of our clients, partners and employees. CenterSquare is headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London and Singapore. With $14 billion in assets under management (June 2022), CenterSquare and its affiliates are proud to manage investments on behalf of some of the world’s most well-known institutional and private investors.
The Private Real Estate Debt Associate is responsible for providing primary support and assisting the team in the underwriting, origination, closing, asset management, financing, and valuation of real estate debt-oriented investments. The position will be based in CenterSquare’s New York City office.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Develop real estate valuation analyses based on cash flow projections utilizing Argus and Excel software, and comparable property analysis.
· Assist in the preparation of internal and external investment committee presentation packages and participate in regular investment committee meetings.
· Assist and participate in the closing of financing transactions.
· Collect, review and distribute market information and research materials.
· Maintain and update transaction/pipeline databases.
· Assist and perform regular valuation and mark-to-market analyses.
· Research, aggregate, track and model real estate investment financial and market information to produce forecasts of property, market, industry and general economic conditions for use in making investment decisions.
· Conduct due diligence for proposed financing transactions including lease analysis, lease abstracts, determine market rents, pro-forma cash flow projections, market research, tenant credit analysis, review of environmental, engineering and appraisal reports, and verify historical financial information.
· Stay current on developments and trends in the economy and real estate industry and incorporate the most up- to-date information into analyses.
· Monitor, track and analyze property activity and capital expenditures through data obtained from borrowers and property managers. Perform variance analyses with actual original business plans and budgets.
· Participate in the preparation of due diligence questionnaires related to the firm’s capital raising efforts.
· Undertake special projects with groups or independently.
Successful candidates will have a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Real Estate, Economics, Accounting or Finance, with 2-4 years of direct real estate experience. Candidates should also be extremely proficient in Excel, Argus, Word and Powerpoint, and have some experience writing investment summaries. Experience with equity and/or debt investment valuations pursuant to FAS157 is a plus.
· Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
· Ability to work within a team environment
· Proactive and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
· Ability to prioritize and execute effectively
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our firm. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
No Visa Sponsorship