About the job
Title: Senior Analyst – Portfolio Management
This position will support the Director and Executive Vice President with the day-to-day management of a large separate account across all property sectors. Candidates must be highly motivated with a passion and drive for success and possess a professional presence and awareness that allows for successful interaction at all levels within the organization. This position is located at L&B’s Headquarters, is full-time, and will require the candidate to work in-office Monday – Thursday (with ability to work remote on Fridays only).
Position is best suited for a college graduate with 3-5 years’ relevant experience.
· Provide analytical support on existing investments, including reviewing valuation models and appraisal reports, conducting hold-sell-finance-refinance analyses, evaluating major tenant leasing transactions, preparing written memos summarizing the analyses as needed
· Review investment level financial and operational reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to ensure performance is on plan, review contributions, distributions, occupancy reports, budgets, and asset management plans
· Support senior portfolio team members and acquisition team to conduct initial feasibility analysis for potential acquisition of properties and assist with debt financing transactions.
· Maintain performance database and track portfolio performance against the benchmarks
· Manage quarterly and annual client and consultant reporting, including both financial and operational reports
· Develop knowledge of and maintain information for accurate, insightful, and timely reporting of all information needed for completion of client requests including portfolio financial analysis, performance measures, and assets under management
· Assist with preparing capital market research, proprietary portfolio research on investment strategies; compile, analyze, and interpret market research; research viability, credit worthiness, and financial conditions of major tenants as needed
· Assist with preparing portfolio review presentations for clients
· Coordinate with other departments and external third-party service providers as needed
· Communicate with clients and participate in client meetings and calls as needed
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Real Estate
· Prior experience within real estate investment management, private equity, investment banking, asset management, mortgage banking, structured finance, or valuation and transaction advisory
· Demonstrate high understanding of financial concepts including accounting principles, valuation techniques, performance measurement, leverage, investment analysis, risk/return, and capital budgeting
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
· High intellectual curiosity
· Strong financial modeling skills (required); Argus software proficiency (preferred)
· Detail oriented with commitment to excellence
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
L&B Realty Advisors offers an excellent benefits package including vacation and sick pay, tuition reimbursement, PPO medical/dental/vision plan, matching 401(k) plan, above average holidays, health club membership, and business casual work environment.
L&B Realty Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer. L&B Realty Advisors values Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and has a specific DE&I policy included in their Employee Handbook.